Views:4 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2018-03-01 Origin:Site
Main failure mechanism of capacitor breakdown.
1.The dielectric material has blemishes or defects, or contains conductive impurities or conductive particles;
2. Electrical aging and thermal aging of dielectric;
3. Electrochemical reaction in dielectric;
4. Silver ion migration;
5. Mechanical damage to dielectric during capacitor manufacture;
6. The change of molecular structure of dielectric;
7. Interpolar arc in high humidity or low pressure environment;
8. Transient short circuit of dielectric under mechanical stress.