Views:2 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2018-02-28 Origin:Site
Main failure Mechanism of Capacitor Breakdown.
(1) The dielectric material has blemishes or defects, or contains conductive impurities or conductive particles;
(2) Electrical aging and thermal aging of dielectric;
(3) Internal electrochemical reaction in dielectric;
(4) Silver ion migration;
(5) Mechanical damage to dielectric during capacitor manufacture process ;
(6) The change of molecular structure of dielectric;
(7) Interpolar arc in high humidity or low pressure environment;
(8) Instantaneous short circuits of dielectric under mechanical stress.